Maintenance WorkerPosted on Thursday, September 15, at 9:08 AM.
Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining properties, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
- Receives oral or written orders.
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, offices, stairways and windows.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to maintain cleanliness of floors.
- Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs and carpets.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation-preferred
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Sound interesting? Please stop by our office to complete an application.
254 East 10th St.
Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.